10 Important Principles to Remember
1. Forgiveness is not forgetting or acting as if the problem had never happened (Ephesians 5:13-17).
2. Forgiveness is not a feeling. You do not have to feel positive about the person who hurt you either before or after you forgive. It is not empathizing or giving the benefit of the doubt. If deliberately offended by another, one’s legitimate reaction may well be intensely negative (Romans 12:9).
3. Forgiveness is not being able to answer “why” the offense occurred. We must persevere in our trust relationship with God and allow Him to minister to us in our time of need (Romans 8:28-29).
4. Forgiveness is not trust (Matthew 10:16).
5. Forgiveness is notan invitation for repeat offense. Reject the sinful act and stand against it. Seek godly support and counsel (Romans 12:21).
6. Forgiveness is not seeking revenge (Romans 12:19).
7. Forgiveness is giving up the right to blame (Colossians 3:12-13).
8. Forgiveness is something you do for your sake - it is between you and God.
9. Forgiveness is a choice, “a crisis of the will." -Neal Anderson
10. Forgiveness leads to personal and spiritual growth (Colossians 1:13-14; I John 2:12).
Upper Room Group Prayer: 8:15 AM
Worship: 9:30 AM
Child Care and Children's Programs Are Available
Click Here to Learn More
250 Brown Farm Road
Lyndonville, VT 05850
Write to Us
PO Box 1
Lyndonville, VT 05851
Problems with the site? Contact the webmaster.